Our client is seeking a Business Systems Analyst for a direct-hire opportunity. Candidates must have at least 2+ years of professional experience. candidates will have experience as a Business Analyst, Agile & Waterfall methodologies, Visio, Jira, Kanban, and other tools. This candidate must sit on-site and must be able to work without sponsorship at any time of their employment. Candidate must be comfortable traveling to client sites a few days a week, expenses paid.
Location: La Jolla, California
Job type: Permanent
Salary: $70,000 – 100,000 per year
Work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Participate in project planning sessions, defining the scope of the project and defining the business requirements.
- Elicit requirements from the business partners and Clients (i.e.: Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Non-Functional Specifications, Use Cases, other artifacts).
- Clearly and concisely document requirements and functional specifications using appropriate requirement tools/techniques (such as use cases, process maps, etc.).
- Perform gap analysis of the current state and desired end-state of an application.
- Solution assessment and validation to ensure there are no gaps from the requirement process and development stages.
- Facilitate requirement review sessions (with the project team, including business partners, developers, and others)
- Participate in system testing. May be called upon as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for business partners, clients and/or the technical team for post-deployment product support, relating to business process and workflow.
- Create and maintain process and/or procedure guides, if required for client implementation.
- Assist with task realization, guided/mentored by a senior Business Systems Analyst, Technical Lead or Project Manager.
- Serve as a liaison for project managers, development staff and the project stakeholders.
- Work with project stakeholders to identify, document and validate requirements. Help to scope the system, identify potential areas of automation and reengineer the underlying business process.
- Work with developers to translate requirements into something that they understand, and then translate developers’ subsequent questions into something the stakeholders can understand.
- Conduct and summarize informal and formal requirements reviews as items are being developed.
- Translate and document client business requests into written IT baseline detailed business requirements for application development.
- Translation of new business requests (from both internal and external audiences) into formal proposal including drafting, creating and documenting statements of work, timeline and deliverable expectations and the expressed scopes of work.
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of business analysis, project management, and client support.
- Familiarity with Jira is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile and or Kanban preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Waterfall Methodology
- Business Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.